Many reasons to love this recipe: it looks nice, it comes together in one bowl, no having to make a crust, everyone will love it and you can make a small batch OR large batch. I used Double Stuff Oreos because that is just the kinda family we are. You can use regular if that floats your boat. If you do make the full yield (Martha says 30) with Double Stuff Oreos, you will need TWO boxes.
Mini Oreo Cheesecakes
from Martha Stewart’s Cupcakes
Yields 30 (yields 8 if you use the amounts I used here in parentheses)
- 42 (11) Oreo, cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, 30(8) left whole and 12 (3) coarsely chopped (I used double stuff)
- 2 pounds (8 oz.) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 (1/4) cup sugar
- 1 (1/4) teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 (1) large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1 (1/4) cup sour cream
- Pinch (smaller) of salt
- Preheat oven to 275° F. Place paper liners in the muffin tin for as many cheesecakes you are making. Add 1 oreo cookie to the bottom of each.
- On medium-high, beat cream cheese and add sugar, then vanilla.
- Add eggs one at a time. Add sour cream and salt. Fold in crushed oreos.
- Fill each cup almost to the top. A large (3 Tbsp) scoop works best for this. Bake for 18-22 minutes. Cool and fridge for 4 hours+.