The most delicious banana muffin I’ve ever had. Wowzer. I think the secret is using 3 bananas in the recipe instead of 1 – which is usually standard in most banana muffin recipes I have seen. They are best the day they are made still slightly warm. I added mini chocolate chips to the topping of some of the muffins and my 4 year old ate THREE muffins in one sitting!
Super Banana Muffins
1 1/2c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
3 bananas, mashed (1 cups of smashed banana)
3/4 c. sugar (or Splenda)
1 egg, beaten
1/3 c. vegetable oil or applesauce
1 tsp. vanilla
1/3c. brown sugar
1/8 tsp. cinnamon
1 Tbs. butter, cold and cut up
1. Preheat oven 375 degrees. Line muffin pan with liners or grease and flour.
2. Mix together the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
3. Mix together in a separate bowl the wet ingredients: mashed banana, sugar, egg, oil (or applesauce) and vanilla.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir just until barely combined.
5. Scoop into muffin tin using 3 Tbs. scoop or simply fill until 3/4ths of the way full.
6. In small bowl, mix together the brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Mix in the butter with your fingers until the mixture resembles fine crumbs. Scoop about 1 Tbs. of streusel topping onto each muffin.
7. Bake 17-20 minutes.