If you are craving another twist on a cookie cupcake – you might want to try snickerdoodle cupcakes. It is a blend of cinnamon and sugar in a sweet cupcake. Bakerella has made some really cute snickerdoodle cupcakes using this very same recipe from Martha Stewart’s Cupcakes book.
Source: Martha Stewart’s Cupcakes
1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1 1/2 c. cake flour (not self- rising), sifted
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 3/4 cups sugar
4 large eggs, room temperature
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 1/4 c. milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prep 2-3 muffin tins with liners. Sift the dry ingredients: all-purpose flour, cake flour, baking powder, salt and 1 Tbs. cinnamon.
2. In large bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time. Add vanilla. On low, add flour mixture in 3 batches while alternating with the milk.
3. Divide batter between the muffin cups and fill 3/4 full. Bake 18-20 minutes. Cool completely before adding frosting.
Seven Minute Frosting
(I made half of this amount because it makes a lot of frosting)
NOTE: This recipe makes a ton of frosting. Unless you plan to make a double batch of cupcakes or would like extra, I suggest reducing the recipe to half.
1 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons sugar
2/3 cups water
2 tablespoon light corn syrup
6 large egg whites, room temperature
1. In a small saucepan, combine 1 1/2c. sugar, water and corn syrup. Bring to boil over medium heat and stir occasionally to dissolve the sugar. Boil without stirring until candy thermometer reaches 230 degrees.
2. While boiling, whisk egg whites until soft peaks form. Add 2 Tbs. of sugar while mixer is running. When the sugar mixture reaches 230 degrees, pour slowly down the side of the bowl into the mixer. Mix on medium-low. Raise to medium-high and mix until the frosting is cool and stuff peaks form (about 7 minutes). Hence the name!
3. Use right away because this gets stiff and sticky to use very fast.
[…] Cupcakes Chocolate Cupcakes with Cream Filling Peanut Butter Cup Cupcakes Root Beer Float Cupcakes Snickerdoodle Cupcakes Snickers Cupcakes Apple Crisp Banana Bars Pumpkin Pie Strawberry Cream Cake Strawberry Shortcake […]
[…] 7 Minute Frosting […]