This recipe is based on the Knock You Naked Brownie from a previous post. These are so moist and delicious. I used Pillsbury’s Dark Chocolate cake mix (I know I know but sometimes the mix is easier when producing large amounts of brownies) and needed 2 bags of Rolos to completely cover the pan. Or just buy 1 bag and nearly cover the pan. Just wanted to let you know that 1 bag for me didn’t completely cover it – so don’t sneak any 😉
yield 12-16 servings
1 box dark chocolate cake mix
1/3 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup butter, melted
40-50 Rolos, unwrapped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a pan 8×8 or line with Nonstick foil.
2. In large bowl, mix the cake mix, milk and butter together until well combined.
3. Take half of the mixture and place it in the pan. Bake this half for 8 minutes. Cool 10 minutes.
4. Place the rolos carefully onto the brownies very close together.
5. Take the remaining dough and flatten it in your hand in sections. Place on the Rolos in sections trying to cover all of the Rolo layer.
6. Bake 20 minutes. Cool completely.