We have friends that love the chewy brownie, the cakey one and the fudgey one. Pamela Anderson in her book “The Perfect Recipe: Getting It Right Every Time” set out to make a brownie that has all three features. They are amazing! Homemade brownies from scratch do not compare to box mixes. The flavor depth seems so much more in homemade brownies.
Fudgey, Chewy, Cakey Brownies
from Pam Anderson’s “The Perfect Recipe”
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt (recommend regular salt. I usually use kosher but the kosher didn’t work out as well)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
veg cooking spray
2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
4 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate
10 tablespoons (1 stick plus 2 tablespoons) unsalted butter
1 1/4 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 large eggs
optional: 3/4 cup toasted nuts, bittersweet chocolate chips, etc.
1. Move oven rack to lower-middle of the oven. Preheat to 325 degrees. Spray a 8×8 square pan with spray and line with foil making sure the foil sticks out far enough on the sides that you will be able to lift out the brownies. Spray the foil with more spray. (I used Non-stick reynolds wrap/foil)
2. “Whisk Together!” flour, salt and baking powder.
3. In microwave bowl or bowl over a pan of simmering water, melt chocolate and butter together. Remove from heat. Whisk in sugar and vanilla. Whisk in each egg one at a time. Whisk until smooth and glossy (took me about 5 minutes). Add dry ingredients and whisk until just combined. Add nuts if you chose that option.
4. Pour batter into the pan and bake 35-45 minutes. Toothpick should come out with wet crumbs, NOT DRY.
5. Cool brownies 5 minutes. Lift out of the pan and cool on rack for 3 hours. Cut and serve immediately. Cut just before serving. Or wrap the whole brownie cake in plastic and foil which will keep in the fridge up to 5 days.
[…] Cup Best Brownies Ever Made Chocolate Cake from Scratch Ditch the Mix Iced Brownies Fantasy Fudge Fudgey Chewy Cakey Brownies Knock You Naked Brownies Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies Carrot Cake Cupcakes Chocolate Chip Cookie […]