“Put the lime in the coconut…” That is all I can remember, but it was going through my head when making this chicken. This was something different from our normal grill marinades, but we all really enjoyed it. I would suggest grilling with skewers as tenders tend to fall through the grill sometimes and can be more difficult to handle.
Coconut Lime Chicken
yield 4-5 servings
1.5 lbs. chicken tenders or sliced chicken breast
2 Tbs. sugar
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 jalapeno pepper, minced and seeded
1 1/2 tsp. coriander
1/2 tsp. turmeric
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 cup unsweetened coconut milk (I found mine in the Asian section of the grocery store. ***shake the can well first!!!***)
1 1/2 Tbs. soy sauce
1 1/2 Tbs. lime juice (or juice of 1 lime)
1. Lay chicken in a shallow pan (like a 9×13).
2. In a large bowl, combine sugar, garlic, jalapeno pepper, coriander, pepper and turmeric. Mix and press the ingredients into the bowl to release the oils.
3. Stir in the coconut milk (shake can first! it will separate in the can until you shake it), soy sauce and lime juice.
4. Pour marinade over chicken and sit for 30 minutes in the fridge.
5. Spray the grill with oil or cooking spray, and grill tenders until done. About 1-2 minutes per side.