This is a brownie base with crushed oreos folded in and then topped with vanilla frosting. One person commented “this is the best brownie I’ve ever tasted!”. Be sure NOT to overbake the brownie.
4 ounces unsweetened chocolate; coarsely chopped
3/4 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup all-purpose flour
12 Oreos, chopped
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
¼ teaspoon fine grain sea salt
1 teaspoon clear vanilla extract
2 tablespoons milk
8 Oreos, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line a 8×8 pan with foil and spray it, or use non-stick Reynolds wrap. Make sure the sides hang over a bit to make lifting them out easier.
3. Melt the chocolate (make sure it is chopped!) and butter in the microwave at 50% for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. When the butter is melted, stir the chocolate and butter until combined. Stir in the sugar, eggs, vanilla and salt as well. Add flour little by little and stir until just combined. Fold in the chopped oreos.
5. Pour into pan and bake 30 minutes. Do not overbake!
Meanwhile down at the ranch…
1. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until fluffy using an electric mixer.
2. Add confectioner’s sugar little by little.
3. Add salt, vanilla and milk on low. Once combined, switch to high and beat until fluffy.
recipe from mybakingaddiction.com
Leave a Reply