Perfect for a fall treat! Make the entire 13×9 for a large group or cut the recipe in half for a smaller group and use a 9×9. There are a lot of steps, but the layers come together quickly. I use an apple/corer/slicer on the apples and it makes it so much easier. Bed, Bath and Beyond usually sell them this time of year. Mine is from Pampered Chef because I got it for free.
Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars
yields 18 servings
2 cups AP flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter, room temperature
24 oz. of cream cheese, soft
1/2 cup sugar plus 4 Tbs., divided
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
3 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and finely chopped
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup AP flour
1/2 cup quick cooking oats
1/2 cup butter, diced
Caramel Ice Cream Topping
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 13×9 pan with aluminum foil
2. In bowl, mix together the 2 cups of flour and 1/2 cup brown sugar. Cut in the 1 cup of butter into the mixture with a pastry cutter, fork or fingers.
3. Press this mixture into the 13×9. Bake 15 minutes.
4. In large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar on medium until smooth. Add eggs one at a time until fully incorporated. Add vanilla. Pour this mixture over the hot crust.
5. In another bowl (or wash that last one out), stir together the apples, 4 Tbs. sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Pour this over the cheesecake mixture.
6. To make the topping, in yet another bowl (sorry!), mix the 1 cup brown sugar, flour and quick cooking oats together. Mix in the butter with a pastry cutter or your fingers until crumbly. Sprinkle this evenly onto the apple mixture. Bake 30 minutes.
7. Cool cheesecake completely at room temperature. This is even delicious from the fridge or from frozen. Drizzle caramel topping onto the cheesecake just before serving.
Adapted from Paula Deen’s Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars