Something a little different for those fall mornings. Delicious? yes. As delicious as my original cinnamon rolls? No.
Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup butter
1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
2. Put bread machine on the “Dough” cycle and step away.
3. When the dough is all ready, rest for 10 minutes. Flour your work surface very very well. Or you’ll regret it.
4. Roll the dough flat into a rectangle. I usually just eyeball this. Try around 12″x15″.
5. Mix the cinnamon and sugar from your filling ingredients in a small bowl. Brush melted butter on the dough and sprinkle cinnamon mixture evenly on the surface. Press it into the dough with your hands.
6. Now carefully roll up the cinnamon rolls starting with the long side towards you and rolling away. Gently squeeze the log together and form until it is more uniform. Cut the log in half. Cut each of those 2 logs in half. Take each of your 4 small logs and cut those into thirds to yield 12 rolls.
7. Place rolls into a greased pyrex 13×9 pan (or any 13×9, I just like seeing them through the glass). Allow to rise 30 minutes.
8. Bake 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
Casa de Luna says
I might cheat and make your frosting and put it on store bought rolls. Thanks for sharing!