I wouldn’t say I LOVE vegetables, but when cooked properly and with the right amount of seasoning they can be really tasty. I think even kids might enjoy these especially if you cut them to look like spaghetti like I did here. You could substitute garlic powder for fresh garlic. This dish is fast, full of my favorite Italian flavors and colorful. For more color, add yellow squash to the mix.
If you prepare the vegetables the night before, this dish will take less than 10 minutes to put on the table!
Garlic Parmesan Vegetables
yields 4 servings (on the larger side)
4 carrots, peeled
1 tsp. olive oil
2 tsp. butter
2 cloves of garlic, pressed or minced
1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1. First, cut your vegetables like tall match sticks. Using a mandolin really helps this go faster. I’ve done it both ways and they both work well. Here is the photo of the mandolin blade I used.
Photo of all the pretty veggies:
2. Get out a large skillet and heat on medium. Add olive oil and butter. Once the butter has melted, add the garlic.
3. Toss in the carrots and coat them. Cook 1 minute as carrots take a little longer to cook than zucchini.
4. After 1-2 minutes, add the zucchini. Stir to coat the zucchini in the oil and butter. Continue to stir and make sure all the vegetables are being cooked evenly. After 4 minutes, my vegetables were done. The time for doneness will greatly depend on how thick your vegetables were cut.
5. Put the heat on low. Add shredded parmesan on top and just let it melt for 1-2 minutes.
Come join the fun at the My Baking Addiction and GoodLife Eats Holiday Recipe Swap sponsored by Shenandoah Growers Organic Fresh Herbs.
Also, Linked up to: http://www.remodelaholic.com/
[…] #5 Garlic Parmesan Vegetables […]