Ok, even some brussell sprouts haters may love this one. I had all the ingredients on hand and needed something to zest up the brussell sprouts. I like them as is. After 32 years of not liking them, I think they are pretty tasty. This recipe is simple, fast and tastes great. My three favorite things
Roasted Brussell Sprouts with Butter Pecan Glaze
yield 4-6 servings
2-3 Tbs. pecans (chop if you wish)
16 oz. brussell sprouts
1 Tb. olive oil
salt and pepper
4 Tbs. unsalted butter
3 Tbs. maple syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and bake the pecans for about 7 minutes. Stir once and make sure they don’t burn! They should be more fragrant.
2. Now while those are going, chop the stems off of the sprouts and cut them each in half. Toss in a big bowl with the olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
3. Remove the pecans and turn down the oven to 350 degrees. Roast for 20 minutes cut side down.
4. About 5-10 minutes before the sprouts are done roasting, take your butter and put it in a skillet on medium heat. Stir it gently and melt. It should get bubbly/frothy. Slowly around 5 minutes the butter will darken and become golden brown and fragrant. Yippee! Brown Butter! Remove from heat immediately so it doesn’t burn. Add the maple syrup to the butter and stir until completely combined. It may bubble up a bit at this point and that’s okay! Add the pecans to the butter mixture.
5. Remove the brussell sprouts and toss with the butter/pecan mixture. Serve while warm. Strain with a slotted spoon to keep the butter from oozing into everything on the plate.
I’ve tried this with sugar free syrup and that worked well too!
Recipe from tastykitchen.com