I went to see the Hunger Games last night. It was really good! Of course, not as good as the book because they left out some major plot points I loved.
Usually I don’t like making eggs in the morning just because I don’t like cleaning the pan. Plus, sometimes only the baby wants eggs and the rest of us want something else. So, here is how to make fast and easy scrambled eggs in the morning and you can put the cooking vessel into the dishwasher.
One Minute Eggs
yield 1 serving
1 or 2 large eggs
1 or 2 Tbs. milk
1. Take coffee mug and spritz the inside with cooking spray. Crack the egg into the mug and add 1 Tb. of milk for 1 egg or 2 Tb. milk for 2 eggs.
2. Stir together with a fork. Place in your microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir with a fork. Place back in your microwave on high for 20-30 seconds.
3. Add salt and pepper if you like and you have instant scrambled eggs.
This is my new favorite breakfast and lunch. I got tired of boring granola and purchased Berry Berry Kix out of childhood nostalgia only to find out it is not the same Berry Berry Kix. They took out all the bad stuff like artificial colors and flavors and replaced them with natural ingredients. So, the good news is that the cereal is healthier, and the bad new is I can’t even have a bowl of the cereal I once liked as a kid. Oh well. If that’s my biggest worry in life, I’m doing purty good I think.
Berry Berry Yogurt Parfait
yield 1 serving
1/4 cup Berry Berry Kix
1 cup plain or vanilla low fat yogurt (I use organic Stoneyfield Farm)
1 cup frozen or fresh mixed berries
1. Thaw out the frozen berries if you are using them. (Costco sells a 4 lb. bag for $10.99).
2. Layer half of the berries into a glass or bowl. Layer 1/2 cup yogurt. Layer half of the Kix. Repeat and eat!