So while secretly stalking my neighbor’s Pinterest board, I came across a pizza that was a dessert. (Sorry Hilary LOL… just kidding!!!)
Back to the regularly scheduled program – this stuff is awesome!! If you have ever had a dessert pizza, this is what it tastes like, but better. Maybe it was the applesauce I added, or using Trader Joe’s pizza dough. But this recipe was super duper easy and delicious. I had everything on hand, so I made it immediately and my husband and I practically ate the entire pizza ourselves. Because well, I’m a pig like that 😀 Hey, when you find something good, portable and covered in icing??!!! How can you resist?
Cinnamon Streusel Dessert Pizza
yield 4 servings unless you are pig like me
1 – 12″ pizza dough recipe, I used Trader Joe’s dough ball (make your own, or ask your own pizza joint. Many local ones will sell balls for $1) or use the stuff in the grocery store
1 Tb. butter, melted (trans fat free margarine will work)
1/2 cup + 1/3 cup AP Flour
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 Tb. vegetable shortening
2 Tb. applesauce
1 cup powdered sugar
1-2 Tb. milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, mix flour and sugars together. Stir. Then add the shortening and applesauce. Use your fingertips to make a crumbly topping. It will take a little while to come together, but it does.
3. Lay your pizza dough out onto a pan or stone. Brush dough with butter. Sprinkle cinnamon.
4. Sprinkle the crumble streusel topping on the cinnamon.
5. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes. I watch the pizza dough and the edges are golden brown.
6. In small bowl, mix the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla. Stir until you have a drizzle icing that is the consistency of thick honey.
7. To make the icing pretty: Pour icing into a ziplock bag and then cut a corner off. Squeeze and drizzle in zigzags across the pizza.
8. If it is just you and the family: drizzle with a spoon regardless of pools of icing or not 🙂
Recipe adapted from Rumbly in my Tumbly
Linked up to: