I forgot how easy enchiladas are really. They don’t have many ingredients and seem relatively healthy. The sauce I purchased at Trader Joe’s. It doesn’t have a heat rating, but I would call it medium heat. A little hot, but not burning my mouth. Feel free to double this recipe for a 13×9″ standard pan.
yield 3 servings
1 lb chicken breast or tenders
1/2 onion, diced
7-8 corn tortillas
1 bottle of Trader Joe’s Enchilada Sauce (or 12 oz. of your favorite sauce)
1 cup cheddar, Monterey Jack, or Mexican blend cheese
1. Spray a 11×7 pyrex dish or an equivalent with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook the chicken with the onion on medium heat until cooked through (165 degrees). Once cool, shred with a fork.
3. Take 2 paper towels and wet them. Place 4 tortillas in between the wet paper towels and microwave on high 30 seconds. This will keep the tortillas from breaking when you roll them. Do this for all the tortillas.
4. Pour a few ounces of the sauce into a shallow dish big enough to hold a tortillas. Dip both sides in the sauce. Put some chicken/onion mix and cheese in the middle. (Maybe some black beans next time?)
5. Do this for all the tortillas. Nestle them together.
6. Pour the rest of the bottle over the tortillas and put in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Feel free to add some more cheese or cilantro, or red onion on top.
[…] Easy Enchiladas Spanish Rice Refried Beans Chips and Salsa Dessert […]