Book Update: No new books. Evenings are spent with the kids, cleaning up after the kids… and then that is all the time I have left. Other than mindlessly finding more stuff to make on Pinterest. 🙂
Recipe Update: Many people want something that doesn’t require baking during the summer. This treat is cool and easy to make. A few days ago I posted how to make homemade instant vanilla pudding and here is one application of it. My friend, Chrissy (also of Angry Birds Cupcakes fame), made this for our bible study group several times and we all loved it. Plus, you can make it ahead of time! Actually, you need to make it ahead of time for the pudding to soften the graham crackers a bit. You could also change the pudding filling to cheesecake and top with cherries or any kind of combination.
1 lb. (1 box) graham crackers
2 (3.25 oz) boxes instant French vanilla pudding (or 1 cup homemade mix)
3 and 1/2 cups milk
1 (8 oz) container frozen whipped topping, thawed (Cool Whip, House Whip or TruWhip or homemade)
1 and 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
3 Tb. butter, soft
1/3 cup milk
2 tsp. light corn syrup
2 tsp. vanilla
1. Lay the graham crackers into a 9×13 pan until it covers the bottom.
2. In a big bowl: mix your pudding mix and your milk (if using the box; if using homemade follow those directions) and beat for 2 minutes on medium. Fold in the whipped topping.
3. Spread half the pudding mixture onto the graham crackers. Layer another layer of graham crackers on top. Spread the rest of your pudding mixture. Layer a third layer of graham crackers on top.
4. In a medium bowl: whisk together the sugar and cocoa. Add the rest of the ingredients: butter, milk, corn syrup and vanilla. Stir until it is mixed up really well. Pour on top of the last layer of graham crackers.
5. Cover and stash in the fridge for at least 6-8 hours or overnight.