Welcome to a Whisk Together Original!!!
I hope everyone is doing AWESOME!!!! Here is a new simple and easy recipe that we all loved! I had some extra oranges leftover and didn’t want to make an orange julius copycat recipe for breakfast. Instead, I threw some of my kids’ favorite items into the blender and they LOVED it. And I loved it because they got a healthy dose of real oranges, mango and vitamins. Since going back to work full-time this year, mornings are a little bit different. No more coming home to clean up or finish a task. We have 3 breakfasts and 3 lunches to make! So I listed some ways to get these smoothies into your morning routine. They would also make a great snack!
Here are some ways to make the smoothie:
- Just make it!
- Freeze the ingredients into baggies. Allow to thaw while you get ready or microwave them for 30 seconds. Then add to the blender!
- Put them in real orange julius cups and see if anyone notices the difference 🙂
I know smoothies are not a “winter” type thing. But oranges are in season right now and Aldi has them at $3.99 for a huge bagful. If you won’t use them in time – just peel them and freeze them! Yes it will work in a smoothie. I wouldn’t recommend eating them after being frozen, but in a blender they will be just fine.
- 2 large oranges
- 1 cup almond milk (I used vanilla unsweetened)
- 1 cup mango, frozen or fresh
- 3 packets of Stevia
- 2 tsp. powdered egg whites (I use this to make royal icing; it is optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup crushed ice
- Wash the outside of the oranges with soap and water. Peel the oranges and place the segments in the blender.
- Keep the peel! Place a 1" square of the orange peel into the blender.
- Place the rest of the ingredients into the blender in the order given. If you are using large frozen chunks of mango, I usually microwave this for 30 seconds in order to give the blender a break.
- Blend until smooth.