What?? Blender Muffins??? What is that!!?
We have been testing some new blender recipes and I thought I would share the new family approved muffins!!! What is so great about Blender muffins?? Well….
- The ingredients are added to the blender – only one mess to clean up!
- You will use only whole grain oats – so no pre-ground flour stripped of its nutrition.
- They are fast and yummy!
I cannot WAIT to try new and different combinations. I know substituting pumpkin for banana will be in our near future. In other news, here is the latest photo session. It is my friend’s daughter and just the prettiest thing you have ever seen. Her skin was perfect (8 days old, so no acne!) and she slept (well at least a little). 🙂
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large or 3 medium bananas (really ripe and brownish)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray baking pan with baking spray or line with cupcake liners.
- Add your oats to the blender (a food processor would work too). Blend on low to medium speed until it resembles flour. This may take longer on some blenders than others.
- Add everything except the chocolate chips.
- Blend on low and then high for about 1 minute using the plunger to push down ingredients towards the blades. You may need to scrape the sides of the blender.
- Pour or scoop the muffin batter evenly between the 12 wells.
- Add chocolate chips to the top of the muffins.
- Bake 14 minutes. Test with a toothpick and if it comes out clean, they are done.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes and then remove muffins from the pan to cool.