Good morning Sunshine! Happy October! Even though it is the end of summer – we are still making summer requests especially when someone is turning 9 years old! They are right – time does fly!
She wanted to have a blueberry cake and I said well… it might be good with another flavor like lemon, too. So, I made a lemon blueberry cake for the main event. Then, for her real birthday I made this small dessert.
My neighbor gave me a chocolate version of this dessert which is super awesome as well!! I will include the ingredients into the notes – the directions are exactly the same.
Nom nom nom! This requires a few bowls, but you don’t need to bake anything! That’s always a plus 🙂 The whipped cream portion can be different things – many recipes call for Cool Whip. You can use that or Dream Whip which is powdered form of whipped cream. Or of course you can use real whipped cream! Just beat 2 cups of heavy whipping cream with a splash of vanilla and 4 tablespoons of sugar.
This will keep inside the fridge for at least 3-4 days. The crust gets a tad soggy on day 4, but not a lot, and you really can’t tell much of a difference. I would make this when you plan to serve it or the night before. I make it the night before so I can enjoy the day together and just pull it out of the fridge when necessary.
Lemon Lasagna (or Chocolate too!)
- 1 package Lemon Oreos (or Golden if Lemon not available)
- 4 Tb butter melted
- 8 oz. cream cheese or low fat neufchatel cheese room temperature
- 2 Tb. sugar
- 2 Tb. milk
- 2 packages Instant Lemon pudding (2 - 3.4 ounce boxes)
- 3 cups milk
- 12 oz. Cool Whip or Dream Whip or whipped cream from scratch divided
- Have a 9x13 pan on hand to layer your ingredients. Add the oreos to the food processor or a bag and crush until they are all crumbs. Add the 4 Tb. of melted butter to the crumbly oreos. Pour this into the 9x13 pan and press down with the bottom of the glass. If the mix sticks to the glass, spray a little cooking spray on the bottom to keep from sticking.
- For the next layer, beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy - about 1 minute on medium. Add the 2 Tb. milk and 2 Tb. sugar. Mix until well combined. Pour 1 cup of the whipped cream (or Cool Whip) into the cream cheese mixture. Fold gently until combined. Dollop this mixture onto the Oreo layer. Spread out with an offset spatula or spatula.
- For the pudding layer, combine the pudding mix with the 3 cups of milk. Whisk together until thickened. Dollop this onto the cream cheese layer and spread evenly.
- Finally, spread your remaining Cool Whip (or whipped cream) on top of the pudding layer. Spread evenly. Store in the fridge until ready to serve.