Hello Readers! Today’s recipe is all about dog treats! These are a favorite of our favorite puppies and so easy that my children have made them several times. Kid and dog approved! In all honesty, I love these treats too and will eat them as well. It is 102 tomorrow here in St. Louis, so we will be inside baking some treats!
So, what’s new? It seems like forever ago we were hoarding toilet paper and scouring for chicken breast at the stores. I have grown VERY tired of food blogs with auto-start videos, an entire novella before the recipe, and ads galore. If you want an update on me, please find Mary Ellen Riley on Facebook. If you want the recipe – here you go! Have fun!
Peanut Butter Dog Treats
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 and 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- In a great big bowl or electric mixer, add the pumpkin, peanut butter and eggs. Mix until thoroughly combined!
- Add half of the flour. Mix. Add the rest of the flour. Mix until it forms a dough.
- Roll the dough out on a floured surfuce. Dough should be 1/4 - 1/2" thick.
- Cut out the dough using cookie cutters. Remove the treats with your hands or offset spatula onto the cookie sheet. Keep the treats about 1" apart.
- Bake treats 15-20 minutes. Bigger treats will mean a longer cooking time. They will be light brown and dry on top.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!
Leave a Reply