I saw these “holy heck brownies” on Pinterest and then used the King Arthur Flour recipe to make the brownie because it had more chocolate in it. Everyone loved these brownies! Dark, fudgy, chewy, just the perfect bar to take anywhere. This version makes a 9×13 pan and snickers inside. Use up the rest of the Halloween candy or from the Easter egg hunt! 🙂
Here is a photo of the cookies for this weekend. My sister LOVES the St. Louis Cardinals and so we had these cookies made for her birthday:
Then, to be totally topped off, her friend’s mom made this super spectacular good enough for a wedding cake. I wish I had had my good camera on me, but usually I leave it at home:
Well, now that your mouth is watering from brownies,
Here is the recipe for Holy Moly Brownies. Perfect for Easter because brownies go with everything.
- 8 oz. (1 cup/2 sticks/16 Tbs.) unsalted butter
- 2 and ¼ cups (15.75 oz.) sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temp.
- 1 and ¼ cups (3.75 oz) Dutch Process Cocoa or Hershey’s Dark Cocoa*
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. espresso powder**
- 1 Tb. vanilla extract
- 1 and ½ cups (6.25 oz) AP flour
- 2 cups (12 oz.) chocolate chips (I used semi sweet)
- 1 cup caramel sauce
- 10-15 fun size snickers, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9×13 pan with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray or Baker’s Joy.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter. Just before completely melted, add the sugar and stir to dissolve. Continue to stir and heat until the mixture is hot but NOT bubbling - about 2 minutes.
- In a separate big bowl, beat the eggs. Stir in the cocoa, salt, baking powder, espresso powder and vanilla. It will thick, but beat until it is smooth.
- Stir the hot butter/sugar into the cocoa/egg mixture. Keep stirring until smooth.
- If you want the chocolate chips to melt in and not be chunky, put the entire bowl in the microwave for about 45 seconds. Then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Add flour slowly and fold in. You are kind of making muffins here – folding the flour into the mixture in order to avoid creating gluten.
- Pour half of the batter into the pan. Pour into caramel sauce. Sprinkle snickers bars. Scoop the rest of the batter on top and spread with an offset spatula. Bake for 40 minutes. Toothpick should be clean with a few crumbs.
- Cool on a wire rack. I like them even better the next day.