On the home front is this super sweet family session from last week. I love the nearby park and taking photos where families with small children that only need to drive 5 minutes away. It’s so hard with small children especially in the evening! These are some of my favorites…
Recipe: If you are a busy family like this one, you need this recipe in your life! Pork tenderloin is one of the most versatile, cheap, quick and easy dinners on the face of the planet. And let’s face it. We all get sick of chicken. Okay, well I do. Check pork tenderloin alternatives here!
So super simple to freezer and eat. Or prep this on Sunday to make on Monday or Tuesday. Costco sells pork tenderloin packages in 2 packs with 2 tenderloins in each.
How I cook pork tenderloin:
If I have lots of time (25-30 minutes) –> Leave whole and cook.
If I have no time at all (10-15 minutes) –> Cut into 1/2″ or 3/4″ medallions and cook in a skillet. The increased surface area will cook it faster. Or one of those large grill pans that go on your stove top.
- 1 Tb. olive oil
- 2 - 1 pound pork tenderloin, trimmed (silver skin removed)
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1 lemon zested, optional
- Add olive oil to a 12" cast iron skillet and preheat the skillet on medium high heat. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- While they heat up, .combine the rest of the ingredients into a small bowl: garlic, thyme, basil, rosemary and a little zest of a lemon if you like. Rub these onto the pork.
- Cut the pork into medallions if you like. Or I usually cut mine once in half to ensure faster cooking.
- Once the pork is full of herbs, put into the skillet. Brown on one side about 4-5 minutes. Flip. Brown on all sides and the last side, don't flip. Just put the skillet into the oven
- The size of your pork tenderloin will greatly determine cooking time. I start at 20 minutes. I also use a probe thermometer and set it for 145 degrees. Once the internal temperature hits 145, pull the skillet out of the oven and allow to rest 5 minutes before serving.
You could also make this in the slow cooker for 4 hours on low.