These are quick and easy and delicious!! I have made homemade sticky buns before. They are divine, but require a lot of time for the dough to sit. This is a great weekend breakfast or an awesome addition to a brunch. You can easily put these together in 10 minutes. They bake in 10 minutes and you are done! This recipe originates from my Tree-Lightful Wilton pan. They usually come with recipes and I have made it in this pan for ages. I included the full recipe under the smaller version since most people are not usually feeding 10-15 people at a time. But if you do – then go to the recipe underneath for the tripled/original version. My tree-lightful pan is a regular cake pan, so I would think I could put these in my heart pan or any fun shape really. It doesn’t need to be in the shape of a tree, though that is fun around Christmas time. Enjoy!
I also saw these as cinnamon rolls on another website. They put them on lollipop sticks. Cute!
**Update: Fiesta Chicken Casserole – I made this again and didn’t have Fritos as I normally do not. But I did have some tortilla chips and they worked great for the topping! I used Trader Joe’s Red Quinoa and black bean tortilla chips.
Easy Mini Sticky Buns
yield 4-6 servings
For small family:
1 package of crescent roll dough (8 oz.)
2 Tb. brown sugar
2 Tb. sugar
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 Tb. raisins (optional)
1 tsp. light corn syrup
1 Tb. butter
1 and 1/2 Tb. brown sugar
1 and 1/2 Tb. chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Take your mini muffin pan and spray with baker’s joy spray or brush 12 wells with some melted butter.
3. Roll the dough out and seal the perforations very, very well. (I read somewhere they now make one that is a sheet instead of cut into triangles!)
5. Roll the log up tightly starting with the long way in front of you. Seal any holes as you go. Cut into 12 rolls. I do this evenly by cutting it in half. Then, cutting each of those in half. So now you have 4 neat logs that you can eyeball 3 cuts to make 12 rolls. **Tip for cutting: use a serrated knife or strong thread to twist and cut the dough, so the rolls don’t flatten.
8. Bake for about 10 minutes. They will be light golden brown – like a regular crescent roll.
9. While they are baking, prep a piece of parchment, silicone or serving platter to flip the rolls onto once they are cooking.
10. Pull the done sticky buns from the oven and immediately flip onto a serving platter. Cool for 30 seconds to a minute and Enjoy!
Easy Mini Sticky Buns – for a crowd
3 packages of crescent rolls (8 oz. each)
6 Tb. brown sugar
6 Tb. sugar
1 and 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
6 Tb. raisins (optional)
1/4 cup butter, divided
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 Tb. light corn syrup
1/4 cup chopped pecans
Follow directions per above. Increase oven time to 20-25 minutes. Invert onto serving platter.
Recipe adapted from Wilton