After various and several requests on a variety of recipes and questions regarding photography, Whisk Together is now up for business! Well, the business of blogging anyway. Here is the recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough cupcakes.
1. You can buy mini chocolate chips to put in the filling and decorate the top. I cut up regular chocolate chips and used leftover dough to top them off.
2. To remove the inside easily, you can use an apple corer if you have one. Just don’t go all the way to the bottom!
3. To prep ahead of time, I make the dough and frosting first and put it in the fridge. The day of serving I bake the cupcakes. They are usually cool enough after 1 hour to fill. Remember to pull out the dough and frosting about 1 hour ahead of time or it will be too hard to work with.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes
(Based on Tidymom.net recipe)
This makes 36 cupcakes and 4 tiny cupcakes. I use a 3T scooper to evenly divide the dough.
3 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
1 1/2c light brown sugar
2 2/3c AP flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup milk (I use the richest one I have on hand which is usually 2%)
2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat 350 degrees.
2. Line cupcake pans with 36 liners. Cream butter and brown sugar together until light and fluffy (med high for 3 min.). Add eggs one at a time.
3. “Whisk Together!” flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the flour mixture alternating with the milk. Begin and end with the dry ingredients.
4. Blend in vanilla. Fold in chocolate chips. Divide between cupcake liners. (Use a large scoop (3 Tbsp. scoop) for even dividing) Bake 12-15 minutes and cool completely.
Cookie Dough Filling
4Tb. unsalted butter, room temp.
6Tb. light brown sugar
1c + 2Tb. AP flour
10 oz. sweetened condensed milk (purchase the 14 oz. can and measure to 10 oz. Taste test and if it isn’t sweet to your liking, add more. I usually add the entire can or almost the entire can to the mixture.)
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4c mini semisweet chocolate chips (if you can’t find mini ones, chop up some regular ones.)
1. Cream butter and sugar until fluffy (med high about 2 min.)
2. Add flour, sw. cond. milk and vanilla.
3. Stir in chocolate chips and cover with plastic wrap to cool for 1 hour.
Cookie Dough Frosting
3 sticks unsalted butter, room temp.
3/4c. brown sugar
1 lb. powdered sugar
1/2tsp. kosher salt
2 1/2tsp. vanilla
1. Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add in powdered sugar on low.
2. Increase speed and beat until smooth. Add salt and vanilla.
— Now core the cooled cupcakes (or cut out a chunk in the middle) and add a ball of filling. Then cover the filling and cupcake with the frosting. I would recommend the Wilton 1M tip to pipe it if you want it fancy. Then top off with some mini chocolate chips or leftover filling… because you do NOT want this filling to go to waste!