I purchased a rash guard last summer for swimming and it was the BEST investment I ever made, so I thought I would share it here. Since they went on sale, I purchased another one so that I have one for swimming and one for just hanging out at the pool or if I know we will be outside a long time. I know they are $31 or so (normally they are $50), but I find this cheaper than skin cancer and/or 5 bottles of sunscreen. With a UPF of 50, you don’t have to worry about your chest or shoulders getting burned. I wash mine in the washing machine on gentle. They dry super quickly and the new designs this year are super cute.
Recipe: The entire family LOVED this meal. The kids even asked for seconds!! Super simple and delicious, I cannot wait to add this to the binder of all things pot luck and serving crowds.
Why we loved this recipe:
1. Easy and every day ingredients.
3. Different ways to cook it so I can change the cooking method based on time I have.
4. Freezer friendly
- ½ pound ground beef
- ½ pound ground Italian sausage (no casings)
- 18 oz. jar marinara sauce
- 14 oz. can of diced tomatoes (drained)
- 9 oz. cheese tortellini (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- For the stovetop: cook ground beef and Italian sausage in a large skillet over medium heat. Drain if necessary.
- Add marinara sauce and diced tomatoes. Heat through.
- Add cheese tortellini. Cover and simmer for about 5 minutes or until tortellini is cooked through.
- Sprinkle mozzerella cheese on top. Allow to melt (about 5 minutes). Serve with Parmesan cheese, sprinkle with parsley, or serve as is.
- For slow cooker: cook ground beef and Italian sausage in the microwave or in a skillet over medium heat until brown. Drain.
- Add meat to slow cooker. Add marinara sauce and diced tomatoes. Cook on low 4-8 hours. Add cheese tortellini and cover. Cook 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top. Let melt for about 5 minutes. Serve with Parmesan cheese or parsley or as is.
Jackie F. says
I’m going to make this tonight!
Whisk Together says
Awesome! Let us know what you think.
I used Trader Joe’s marinara sauce, TJ’s cheese tortellini and Aldi Italian turkey sausages. But whatever you have on hand or like works too! That’s what I love about it – so versatile.
Angela T. says
I love this recipe! I made it last night with only the sausage (so I could use a whole package of the sausage) and it was great. Definitely a great weekday meal.