Cookies for Breakfast! Actually, we use these for an after school snack as well. No flour or butter and only one mixing bowl makes them a snap to make in the kitchen.
These cookies are full of peanut buttery flavor and super duper soft and gooey. Add any flavor chips to create your own combination: milk or dark chocolate, butterscotch, peanut butter chips or even white chocolate chips.
Need some recipes for the Fall? Here is my Whisk Together Fall Round-up of the best fall recipes that we have made over the past 4 years and proved a success over and over.
- ⅔ cup old fashioned oats
- ½ tsp. cinnamon (optional)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 cup peanut butter (I used Skippy creamy no stir natural)
- 6 Tb. brown sugar
- ½ cup milk, semisweet, dark chocolate chips or peanut butter chips
- Mix everything but the chips in a great big bowl. Add the chocolate chips. Feel free to reserve a few for later to add on top while baking.
- Cover and pop it in the fridge for 30 minutes up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Divide dough into 1-2Tb. size cookies. Place on a greased, parchment or silicone covered cookie sheet.
- Press down the cookie dough slightly with your fingers or a spoon.
- Bake about 10 minutes. These will be super soft and look not baked. That's okay. For crispier cookies, bake 2 minutes longer.
- Cool and eat!