This recipe is a new Trivia Night staple!!! My neighbor makes it every year – and everyone at the table drools over this each time. Seriously! It is hard to go wrong with burgers in a pan! These taste similar to White Castle…but much, much better.
I am not a huge cheeseburger fan by any means, but I love it on these burgers!!! Definitely a fantastic potluck meal, anytime meal. I have never frozen these…. but I could see how that would work well.
I am sure there are a million ways to change up this awesome recipe – substitute cheeses for something else. Add bacon. Top with everything but the bagel seasoning instead of plain sesame seeds. Add grilled or caramelized onions. Use Hawaiian rolls for the buns. The combinations are endless. If you have a family of 4 – you might want to make double the recipe. 🙂 Our whole pan is gone in one day! This would be easy enough to make a double recipe and cover for the next day. Serve with tator tots, french fries, side salad…. it goes with everything!
- 12 slider buns
- 3 Tb. ketchup
- 1 Tb mustard
- 1 onion
- 1.5 lbs. ground beef
- 1 packet onion soup mix
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 6 slices American cheese
- ½ jar hamburger dill pickles
- 2 Tb. butter, melted
- 1 Tb. worchestershire sauce
- 2 Tb. sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix ketchup and mustard in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Dice onion. Add onion and ground beef to skillet. Cook on medium until brown and cooked through - about 10 minutes. Add onion soup mix and garlic powder. Stir in well.
- While the meat cooks, grease or spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
- Cut slide buns in half, longways.
- Remove tops and set top buns aside. Spread or brush the ketchup/mustard mixture onto the bottom of the buns.
- Pour cooked ground beef on slider bun bottoms in the pan.
- Layer 6 slices of American cheese.
- Layer hamburger pickles.
- Top with remaining slider buns.
- In a small bowl, mix the butter and Worcestershire sauce. Brush on top of buns. Sprinkle with sesame seeds
- Cover the 9x13 pan with foil. Put in the oven to warm through for 15 minutes.