This recipe was highlighted today on Tasty Kitchen, so I thought I better add it here! I love oatmeal raisin cookies. I’m not a huge fan of chocolate and will take these over chocolate chip any day. But I’m weird 🙂
These cookies are simple and scrumptious. I found that chilling the dough helps and that overworking the butter might lead to a flat cookie. Feel free to add 1-2 tsp. of cinnamon for additional flavor!
- 2 cups All-purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 cup Butter, Room Temperature
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Dark Brown Sugar (I didn’t have dark brown sugar once and it turned out fine with the light brown sugar too!)
- 2 whole Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups Old Fashioned Oats
- 1-½ cup Raisins
2. Cream butter, sugar and brown sugar. Add eggs one at a time. Add vanilla.
3. Combine the dry mixture with the wet mixture. Stir in oats and raisins.
4. Drop by tablespoonfuls on a cookie sheet. Bake 11-13 minutes.