Some people call the cake batter chex mix “crack” because it is so addictive. It is really easy to make and the kids LOVED it. The huge bowl was gone in less than half an hour. Mind you these were hungry growing teenagers. My son Maddox liked the cake batter pops better. They were darn pretty tasty, too. I had to keep myself from eating the whole batch.
Both of these recipes are No Bake recipes. Also, I discovered that one normal size 18 ounce box of yellow cake mix contains a little over 2 and 1/2 cups of cake batter mix.
Cake Batter Chex Mix
yields one big bowl – 7.5 cups
7.5 cups Rice Chex cereal
12.5 ounces (6.5 squares) vanilla flavored Almond Bark (each square is 2 ounces!) OR use white chocolate chips
1 and 1/2 cup yellow cake mix
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1. Dump the chex in a great big bowl, but not your serving bowl (unless you don’t care what it looks like).
2. Melt the almond bark in the microwave.
3. Drizzle almond bark and toss in the chex quickly. Toss with 1-2 Tbs. of colored sprinkles.
4. In a large ziplock bag, mix the yellow cake mix and powdered sugar together. Add the chex/almond bark mixtures and toss.
5. Dump in a large bowl and watch disappear.
Recipe adapted from So Very Blessed
Cake Batter Cake Pops
yield 30-40 cake pops
2. Add the flour, cake mix, vanilla and salt. Mix until well combined.
3. Add milk 1 tablespoon at a time until you get a workable dough. This took me about 3 and 1/2 tablespoons.
4. Stir in sprinkles.
5. At this point, you can make pops or truffles. Pops are just truffles on a stick like shown here.
6. To make about 40 pops/truffles, use 2 tsp. of dough per ball. For 30 pops/truffles, use a medium cookie scoop (1.5″ across). Form into balls and fridge for 30 minutes.
7. Melt your almond bark and mix the cake mix into it. Dip the lollipop sticks into a little melted chocolate and put into the ball, or for truffles, simply roll in the chocolate with your fork and wait for it to drip off. Place on wax paper for truffles, or in styrofoam for pops.
8. Immediately after dipping the pop or truffle in almond bark, sprinkle your sprinkles over a pan, plate or towel to keep the sprinkles from flying everywhere.
9. Allow to dry and eat! Store in the fridge.From the Girl Who Ate Everything