Yum-O! These are quick and easy . They tasted fresh and moist even 3-4 days kept in an airtight container. I think they are probably as good as the granola you put into them. I used Trader Joe’s Granny’s Apple Granola. Oh my – it tastes JUST like you’re eating apple crisp. But without all the baking. Probably the best granola I’ve had from a box. I liked how it worked here, but feel free to use your homemade granola or favorite store-bought.
For egg allergy people – this recipe has NO eggs!
yield 12 muffins
2 cups white whole wheat or whole wheat flour
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. cinnamon (if it goes well with your granola choice)
1 cup prepared granola
1 tsp. vanilla
1/3 cup vegetable oil or applesauce
1 and 1/2 cups buttermilk (or sub 1 and 1/2 Tb. lemon juice and fill with milk until hits 1 and 1/2 cups)
1. Preheat oven 400 degrees. Prep muffin pan with liners or spray with Bakers Joy.
2. In a great big bowl: mix up your flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and granola.
3. In a slightly smaller bowl: mix up your vanilla, oil or applesauce and buttermilk.
4. Dump wet into the dry and stir until just barely combined.
5. Scoop the mixture evenly into the 12 wells. These can go almost to the top without much worry.
6. Bake 16-18 minutes. Cool on wire rack for about 10 minutes. Then remove muffins and let them cool on the wire rack.
Recipe from King Arthur Flour
Leave a Reply