I hope you like the new change to the website. Well, she is cuter than I am anyway.
Cinnamon Swirl Bread is about $2.50-$5 at the grocery store. This costs about 50 cents to make!
This particular cinnamon swirl bread is more for serving with dinner. It isn’t very sweet, but more like a loaf bread or roll. If you want it sweet, the filling is 1 cup of sugar and 2 tsp. cinnamon. The ingredients are from Money Saving Mom and I tweaked the method and recipe to avoid those holes that develop in the middle of the bread. I’ve also tried her Cinnamon Roll Biscuits and those are yummmmy. I don’t have a photo of them though because we ate them too fast 🙂
Cinnamon Swirl Bread
yield 1 – 9×5″ loaf
1 cup warm water
1/2 cup oil or melted butter
4 Tbs. brown sugar
1 tsp. salt
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup AP flour
2 tsp. active dry yeast (I like Red Star Yeast for Bread Makers)
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
(1 cup of sugar for a sweeter, dessert like bread)
1 Tb. honey if not using 1 cup of sugar
1 egg white
1. Get out your bread maker and follow its instructions for the Dough setting. I have an Oster and it says to put all the wet ingredients in first and then add the dry. Pile the flour in a heap and poke a hole in the middle with your finger. Pour the yeast into the hole. Hit Start on Dough setting.
2. Take out the dough and roll it onto a floured surface. One side of the rectangle should be about 9″ since that is the length of the pan. They other side is probably 16″ or so. I didn’t measure, but roll into a rectangle.
3. Beat one egg white and brush this onto the entire rectangle. Then sprinkle with cinnamon or cinnamon/sugar mixture. Drizzle honey on top of the cinnamon if not using sugar.
4. Roll the dough starting at the long end. Place the dough into a greased 9×5″ loaf pan with the seam facing down. Allow to rise again for about 45 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake for about 30 minutes.
Recipe adapted from MoneySavingMom.com
[…] Anne’s Pretzels Cinnamon Rolls (Bread Machine) Butternut Squash Pizza Cinnamon Swirl Bread Chocolate Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread Corn Muffins Cranberry Orange Bread Gorilla Bread Honey […]