My friend and I were just talking about the 10 pages of yapping you have to go through on food blogs to get to the recipe you want. So this yapping is cut short today. 🙂
This cookie has been brought to you today by the letter “C” and the number “4 dozen”.
Several of my friends have made these cookies as well as I have and they have been a hit.
Here is the recipe and a few substitutions you can make! They are like yummy chewy chocolate chip oatmeal cookies with crisp rice cereal mixed in for a different texture. Lots of thumbs up.
- 1 cup butter, room temperature (or ½ cup butter and ½ cup shortening)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar or dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal (Rice Krispies)
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- In a great big mixing bowl, cream the sugars and butter together on low and then medium speed. Cream about 1-2 minutes or until lighter in color and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time. Add vanilla. Use a spatula to scrape the sides of the bowl to ensure everything is mixed in.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the dry stuff: flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the dry mixture to the butter mixture slowly over low speed. Mix until not quite combined.
- Stir in the oats, rice cereal and chocolate chips. After stirring those in, everything should be combined.
- Cover the bowl and put in the fridge for 2-24 hours. (**Technically, yes you can go ahead and bake the cookies at this point. I have found over 10 years of baking cookies that they turn out fluffier and less spread out if the dough is cold from the fridge or freezer.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Space cookies out 1 Tb. at a time about 2" apart. Bake 8-10 minutes. The edges will be golden brown and the middle is set. Cool over cooling racks.
You are too funny! And for the record, you’re about 37 paragraphs shy of ever being considered a yapper!
Whisk Together says
Plus a few videos on the side bar with an ad bar at the top!