I have made Rolo Cookies from scratch before, but these come from a mix so a lot of the work is already done for you. Just like my easy peach crisp… these come from an easy mix with just a couple other ingredients. I think a pecan on top would be AWESOME!! But, the recipients had some nut issues, so I just left it off.
Easy Rolo Cookies
1 bag of rolos, unwrap 24 rolos (this is about half of the bag) (I store mine in the fridge to keep them from getting soft)
1 – (1 lb. 1.5 oz) Double Chocolate Chunk Cookie Mix Pouch
3 Tb. vegetable oil
1 Tb. water
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a large bowl: Mix cookie mix, oil, water and egg.
3. Line a mini muffin pan with mini muffin liners. I would spray them with Baker’s or cooking spray as the cookie stuck to the liner once in a while.
4. Drop cookie dough in the liners using small cookie scoop (about 1 Tb. of dough)
5. Bake 8-9 minutes.
6. Immediately put on the rolo! Watch it ooze and melt. (Then add your pecan half here if you want) Remove from the pan once everything is cool. Sometimes a fork helped get them out.
I had a little bit of leftover dough – enough for 2 cookies – so I just baked those separate as a cookie rather than getting out a whole other mini muffin pan and stuff to go with it.