I have a few new recipes to post and a craft I am working on (but my Singer sewing machine has decided to stop working for some reason). Instead, I thought it would be fun to summarize the top posts on Whisk Together as well as some of my favorite “ah ha! It worked!” recipes that everyone loved.
In regards to books, I finished Sachar’s “Holes” which I liked better than the movie. Isn’t that always the case though? It took me 1 day to read. On the other end of the spectrum is “A Separate Peace” by John Knowles. It is also 200 pages, but taking me forever to read. Don’t get me wrong – it is beautifully written, just outstanding prose. The reviews on Amazon are interesting because most people gave it 5 stars and there are a few dissenters that claim there is “no climax”. Seriously? I’m not sure they can read. **Spoiler** When a kid falls out of a tree – that is a climax! It changed the whole story – the season, the characters the plot, everything. Which is what a climax does. I think they were confused because it didn’t happen near the end of the novel.
1. Oatmeal Fruit and Nut Cookie – Even oatmeal raisin cookie haters love this cookie!
2. Gingerbread Men – Best gingerbread cookie recipe out there by far.
3. Cuppa Coffee Cupcakes – Breakfast, lunch, or snack. These cupcakes melt in your mouth with perfectly portioned coffee cake.
4. Chocolate Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread – Made a thousand times this year and always superb. The kids love it.
5. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Devil’s Food Cheesecake – This recipe for me is like the ultimate dessert. I have never seen one anywhere like it at any bakery. I’m very proud I made this.